THAT DELIVER CONFIDENCE
Clinically proven to reduce the effects of CSA
The remedē® System is a breakthrough implantable system that safely and effectively treats moderate to severe central sleep apnea (CSA) in adult patients.1
- Stimulates a normal breathing pattern: By stimulating the phrenic nerve the remedē System activates the diaphragm, a physiologic mechanism similar to natural breathing
- Automatic and continuous treatment: The system activates automatically at night, removing the need for patient interaction and alleviating patient compliance concerns
- Sustained benefits: 81% reduction in the mean of the central apnea index from baseline to 6 months (versus an 11% reduction in the control group)1 and 93% reduction at 12 months.2
- Recommended by patients: 95% of patients in the pivotal trial reported they would “elect to have the medical procedure again”2
In 2018, CMS granted the remedē System the new technology add-on payment and the transitional pass-through (TPT) payment. These programs recognize innovative medical technologies that substantially improve the diagnosis or treatment of Medicare beneficiaries.
- Costanzo M, et al. Transvenous neurostimulation for central sleep apnoea: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2016; 388: 974–82.
- Costanzo M, et al. Sustained Twelve Month Benefit of Phrenic Nerve Stimulation for Central Sleep Apnea. Am J Cardiol 2018;121:1400-8.