THAT DELIVER CONFIDENCE
Clinically proven to reduce the effects of CSA
The remedē® System is a breakthrough implantable system that safely and effectively treats moderate to severe central sleep apnea (CSA) in adult patients.1
- Stimulates a normal breathing pattern: By stimulating the phrenic nerve the remedē System activates the diaphragm, a physiologic mechanism similar to natural breathing
- Automatic and continuous treatment: The system activates automatically at night, removing the need for patient interaction and alleviating patient compliance concerns
- Sustained benefits: 81% reduction in the mean of the central apnea index from baseline to 6 months (versus an 11% reduction in the control group)1 and 93% reduction at 12 months.2
- Recommended by patients: 95% of patients in the pivotal trial reported they would “elect to have the medical procedure again”2
In 2018, CMS granted the remedē System the new technology add-on payment and the transitional pass-through (TPT) payment. The remedē System is the only technology to receive the TPT since 2015. These programs recognize innovative medical technologies that substantially improve the diagnosis or treatment of Medicare beneficiaries.
- Costanzo M, et al. Transvenous neurostimulation for central sleep apnoea: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2016; 388: 974–82.
- Costanzo M, et al. Sustained Twelve Month Benefit of Phrenic Nerve Stimulation for Central Sleep Apnea. Am J Cardiol 2018;121:1400-8.