Central Sleep Apnea
About the remedē® System
The remedē System is a breakthrough implantable system that safely and effectively treats moderate to severe central sleep apnea (CSA) in adult patients. CSA is a serious breathing disorder that disrupts the normal breathing pattern during sleep and has been shown to negatively impact quality of life and heart health.1
In a clinical study, the remedē System has been shown to improve sleep, oxygen levels and enhance overall quality of life:
- 87% of patients had a reduction in Apnea-Hypopnea Index, an indication of CSA severity2,3
- 79% of patients had an improvement in quality of life2,4
- 91% of patients were free from serious adverse events related to the implant procedure, the device, or delivered therapy at 12 months2
- Costanzo MR, Khayat R, Ponikowski P, et al. State-of-the-art review: Mechanisms and clinical consequences of untreated central sleep apnea in heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol 2015;65:72-84.
- Costanzo M, et al. Transvenous neurostimulation for central sleep apnoea: a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2016; 388: 974–82.
- 48% of the control group had a positive change in AHI.
- 13% of the control group had an improvement in quality of life.
Images or video provided courtesy of Respicardia, Inc.
The remedē® System Clinical Trial News Releases